What is pluginbuilder?
Pluginbuilder supports the build automation of Eclipse plug-ins.
The recommended way to automate the building and testing of Eclipse plug-ins is the PDE (Plug-in Development Environment) build. The goal of this project is to assist the plug-in developer in the configuration and running of PDE builds. It features PDE necessities like map files but goes beyond that and wants to provide further build automation Best Practices like test automation, code coverage or code analysis.
Pluginbuilder consists of two parts:
- An Eclipse plug-in allows to configure the build in the project's workspace and run the build locally
- Then the configuration can be uploaded to the server platform where the build can be scheduled
The plug-in provides a new project nature which comes with skeleton build files and an editor which allows to create and generate a complete PDE build configuration. Check the manual for details, report bugs at sourceforge.
- Create a 1-click build in minutes
- Source retrieval from CVS and subversion projects
- Build HEAD and releases
- Easy to use main build file
- Project/Feature name-to-id mapping for check-out
- server platform:
- config file upload
- manual triggering of builds (HEAD and release)
- nightly builds with email notification
- download of build results and build log
- Includes scripts for running JUnit tests during postBuild (uses the eclipse-testing-framework)
- Use the autotestsuite to define which plug-ins to search for tests and which tests to run with regular expressions
- Configure test support with a Plug-in Builder Editor page
- Build update-sites (see FAQ)
- Build RCP applications
- Specify dependencies for inclusion into the build host, e.g. WTP or Eclipse RCP delta pack
- WebDAV access for projects hosted on the pluginbuilder server
- Improvements for RCP builds
- Test Coverage with EMMA
- Autotestsuite supports JUnit 4
- Autotestsuite Launch Configuration